Family Sponsorship to Canada

Canadian citizens and permanent residents who are 18 years of age or older may apply to sponsor close relatives, such as their spouse or partner, parents or grandparents, as well as dependent children, who want to become permanent residents of Canada. Sponsors must sign an undertaking of support, in which they must promise to support their sponsored family member(s) for a certain period of time (depending on which family members they are sponsoring).

The following links provide detailed information on the sponsorship programs currently available in Canada. If you would like to see if you are eligible to sponsor your family member, you may also complete our free Online Assessment Questionnaire to see if you are eligible to sponsor your family member to Canada.

Spouse, Common-Law Partner & Conjugal Partner Sponsorship 

Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship 

Super Visa for Parents & Grandparents

Free Immigration Elegibility Assessment